As expected, Samsung today reported its earnings for the second quarter 2013. The revenues reported for the quarter were 57.46 trillion won on a consolidated basis while operating profit for the quarter reached 9.53 trillion won ($8.3 billion) and the net income for the quarter was 7.77 trillion won.
“Entering into a typically strong season for the IT industry, we expect earnings to continue to increase. However, we cannot overlook delayed economic recovery in Europe and risks from increased competition for smartphone and other set products,” said Robert Yi, Senior Vice President and Head of Investor Relations. Mr. Yi added,
“We expect to improve profit yields in the second half due to high-margin, differentiated components products, as well as gains stemming from increased smartphone and TV shipments.”
- Samsung’s Semiconductor businesses posted 8.68 trillion won in consolidated revenue.
- The Display Panel business recorded revenue of 8.18 trillion won in the second quarter while posting an operating profit of 1.12 trillion won.
- The IT & Mobile Communications division posted operating profits of 6.28 trillion won on 35.54 trillion won in revenue for the June quarter.
- The Consumer Electronics Division posted an operating profit of 430 billion won for the quarter on revenues of 12.78 trillion won.
- The Visual Display business accounted for 7.94 trillion won of earnings.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Cheon Fong Liew