With Sony last week only teased the first sign of new smartwatch, the company today make it happen. Sony today debut its SmartWatch 2, its latest effort to get on your wrist. The SmartWatch 2 adds NFC which comes with a higher resolution display with better sun visibility, improved battery life, user interface and pre-installed and recommended apps on board.
Further, the SmartWatch 2 includes a 1.6-inches touchscreen display, 220 X 176 pixel resolution, IP57-rated for water resistance and having the longest battery life. The SmartWatch 2 charges over standard Micro USB while it offers you an option to swap the band for a regular 24mm strap. The company says it will bring the smartWatch 2 out on shelves globally in September this year but has not shared its cost yet.
- Screen brightness (sunlight readable)
- Longest battery life for a smartwatch (battery level indicator shows low battery warning)
- Water-resistant (IP57)
- Easy setup (NFC pairing and connecting)
- Standalone watch functionality
- Standard micro USB cable for charging
- User interface similar to Android UI so it is more intuitive
- Bigger screen with higher resolution (1.6 inch, 220 x 176 pixels)
- High quality materials (aluminium body and stainless steel wristband)
- Extended compatibility (works with most Android phones)
- Swappable wristbands – personalise with any standard 24mm strap