Sony today announced the prices and availability for its new 4K Ultra High Definition TV sets which the company unveiled at CES in January. The new 55-inch XBR-55X900A and 65-inch XBR-65X900A 4K Ultra HD LED TVs will cost $4,999 and $6,999 respectively and are available for order online and at retail starting from April 21, 2013.
“These new models will be arriving in homes just before the summer and are sure to bring the enhanced viewing experience of 4K TV to a whole new audience,” said Mike Lucas, senior vice president, Sony Electronics Home Division.
The company along with this also announced the pricing and availability of 4K Media Player, the FMP-X1, which comes bundled with ten movies and will costs $699. Movies includes Bad Teacher, Battle: Los Angeles, The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Karate Kid (2010), Salt, Taxi Driver, That’s My Boy, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Other Guys and Total Recall (2012).
New Sony UHD 4K TV models- Key Features:
- Images become lifelike with a resolution of four-times that of Full HD TV (3840 x 2160) delivers lifelike images
- All content is viewed at the highest resolution possible with enhanced images reaching near 4K with Sony’s proprietary two-chip 4K X-Reality PRO picture engine
- All colors, including difficult blues, greens and reds, are delivered naturally and accurately through TRILUMINOS™ Display
- An immersive picture draws in viewers with blacker blacks and excellent contrast produced with dynamic edge-lit, LED backlighting
- Amazing sound from the integrated 65 Watt, front-facing, magnetic fluid speaker system complements the stunning picture
- A cinematic experience is brought to life through Full HD 3D and passive glasses
- Entertainment choices are endless with WiFi™ connectivity, including access to the full Sony Entertainment Network suite of services
- Pre-orders for 4K UHD TVs begin April 21, 2013 at Sony Stores and select retailers nationwide. The 4K Media Player will be available this summer.