As expected, Microsoft today announced the Consumer Preview of its Office 15 productivity suits, while will be known by the name of Office 2013 when it comes to the market and reach people hands. The Office 15 just like Windows 8 holds a Metro look, radical redesigned from the traditional Office suite. The new look is clean, and presentable. Further, one dazzled news is that the Office 15 Consumer Preview version will work only on Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs, means there is no support for Windows XP and Windows Vista customers.
- New Read Mode: Text reflows automatically in columns to make it easier to read.
- Object Zoom: When you view tables, charts, images, or online videos, a finger tap or mouse click lets you see the detail. When you’re done, another tap or click returns them to their original size.
- Resume Reading: Word automatically bookmarks your last-visited spot. Enjoy your reading, take a breather, and then pick up where you left off—even on a different PC or tablet.
- Reply Comment: Place comments next to the text you’re discussing so it’s easy to track the conversation.
- Simplified Sharing: Your documents are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Present Online: Share your document with others even if they don’t have Word. Send them a link, and as you read through the document on your screen, they can follow along in their browsers.
- Alignment Guides: Align charts, photos, and diagrams with your text for a polished, professional look. Handy guides pop into place when you need them and disappear when you’re done.
- Live Layout: Text reflows instantly as you drag a photo, video, or shape to its new position. Release the mouse button, and your object and surrounding text stay where you want them.
- PDF Reflow: Open a PDF in Word, and its paragraphs, lists, tables, and other content act just like Word content.
- Recommended Pivot Table: Excel summarizes your data with previews of various pivot-table options, letting you select the option that tells your story best.
- Flash Fill: Here’s the easy way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern and auto-completes the remaining data, with no formulas or macros required.
- Recommended Charts: Let Excel recommend the charts that best illustrate your data’s patterns. Quickly preview your chart and graph options, and then pick the option that works best.
- Quick Analysis Lens: Discover a variety of ways to represent your data visually. When you like what you see, apply formatting, sparklines, charts, and tables with a single click.
- Chart Formatting Control: Fine-tune your charts quickly and easily. Change the title, layout, and other chart elements—all from a new and more interactive interface.
- Simplified Sharing: Your workbooks are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default.* Send everyone a link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Post to Social Network: Share selected portions of your spreadsheets on the web by simply embedding them on your social network pages.
- Present Online: Share your workbooks and collaborate with others via a Lync conversation or meeting. You can also allow others to take control of your workbook.
- Start Screen: The new Start experience helps you jump-start the creative process with a collection of new themes.
- Theme Variants: Choose from alternative color schemes and then apply the look you like with a single click.
- Alignment Guides: Exhibit a designer’s touch by aligning shapes, text boxes, and other graphics with text.
- Merge Shapes: Use the Union, Combine, Fragment, Intersect, and Subtract tools to merge two or more shapes into the shape you want.
- Slide Zoom: Direct your audience’s attention to your main point. Zoom in on a diagram, chart, or graphic with a couple of clicks, and then zoom out just as smoothly.
- Navigation Grid: Easily switch slides—in or out of sequence—from a grid that only you see, your audience sees only what you’ve selected.
- Auto-extend: When you project to a second screen, the settings ensure that your presentation appears on the correct screen.
- Reply Comment: Place and track comments next to the text you’re discussing so everyone can readily see who replied to whom, and when.
- Simplified Sharing: Your presentations are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a single link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- PowerPoint Web App Coauthoring: You and your team can work together on the same presentation at the same time from the desktop or in the browser with the PowerPoint Web App.
- The New OneNote: Draw, type, click, or swipe—OneNote has been reimagined for Windows 8. Your notes are saved, searchable, and synced to OneNote apps on your other devices. The OneNote app is available through the Windows Store to customers participating in the Windows 8 Release Preview.
- On Your Devices: You can use OneNote Mobile apps on Windows Phone, iOS, and Android phones. And if you’re using a browser, just open the OneNote Web App.
- In Sync: OneNote syncs with SkyDrive and SharePoint, so your notes are always up to date on all your devices. Simply sign in to find your notes—no need to use thumb drives or to email them to yourself.
- Embed Files: Insert pictures, documents, videos, and more into your notes, and all the information you need is a click away. If you insert an Excel spreadsheet, you get a preview of charts and diagrams next to your notes. When you update the Excel file, your preview updates automatically.
- Inking: Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse. If you’d rather write than type, OneNote can convert your handwriting into text.
- Tables: More powerful table tools allow you to make headers and quickly move around rows and columns. Want to create charts or do advanced calculations? With one click, you can convert tables in your notes into embedded Excel spreadsheets.
- Search: It’s easy to search your notes and files for anything you’ve captured—a particular term in a note, text in a picture, or a title of a file.
- Auto-save: OneNote saves automatically as you go—so there’s one less thing to remember. You can always export notebooks, sections, or pages if you want to have a separate copy.
- Simplified Sharing: Because your notes are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default, you can send your friends a link to the file and be assured that everyone is viewing the latest version.
- Exchange ActiveSync Support: Connect Outlook with Exchange ActiveSync, and you’ll receive push-based email, appointments, and contacts via the most popular email servers and services.
- Navigation Bar: Continue to enjoy quick and convenient ways to open your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- Social Connectors: Get the very latest updates automatically from people in the social networks you rely on most—LinkedIn, Facebook, and others.
- Peeks: Grab a quick glance at your schedule, an appointment, or details about someone you’re emailing—without having to rearrange windows or lose your train of thought.
- People Card: Seamlessly integrate multiple contacts into a single view, while presenting social context and removing needless duplication.
- Share Your Calendar: Make your calendar available for others to view, so that scheduling meetings and responding to meeting invitations is easier and more convenient for everyone.
- Weather Bar: View the forecast right in Outlook, and let the coming weather inform how you plan your day’s schedule or your next trip.
- Search: Quickly find email, attachments, calendar appointments, and contacts through improved search.
- Fast Filters and Context Commands: With a single click, instantly see what’s on your calendar today, next week, or next month. Filter, arrange, and work with your email in a number of intuitive ways.
For downloads, Office 15 Consumer Preview, click here.