Here is some burning news coming up straight from one of the use who recently ordered Samsung Galaxy S III recently and reporting that his newly-purchased phone burst into flames, exploded with an audible bang. The incident happened in Ireland. Photos posted by boards.ie user dillo2k10 showing amount of charred and molten plastic on the bottom of the device. Samsung soon after learning about the incident, post the statement on its blog, by saying that:
There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY SIII that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.
Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.
(Image Credit: dillo2k10 @boards.ie)