The mail giant Mail.Ru has released its annual report for 2011 and provides the following final audited segment financial information for the year ended 31 December 2011 and an update on the preliminary unaudited segment revenues for Q1 2012. Q1 2012 Group aggregate segment revenue grew Y-o-Y 45.0% to $160.3m. On a ruble basis, the Y-o-Y growth was 49.9%.
Community IVAS was the key growth driver delivering 103.9% growth. Monthly audience (TNS Russia) of Mail.Ru portal in March 2012 reached 32.7m Russian users. The continued growth in social networking and instant messaging with Odnoklassniki reached 25.3m monthly users (TNS Russia) and Mail.Ru Agent at 25.5m monthly users. Final audited segment results for FY 2011 slightly above the preliminary trading statement
Group aggregate segment revenue at $515.4m, Group aggregate segment EBITDA at $282.9m, Group aggregate segment net profit at $208.6m compared to $514.9m, $282.8m and $207.6m respectively reported on February 24, 2012.
Key Recent Developments:
Email & Portal
- Launch of a new version of Mail.Ru main page – modern, lightweight and significantly faster
- Release of email mobile application for iOS
- Launch of Mail.Ru Hub for Windows Phone 7. The application is a mobile version of Mail.Ru portal and represents a single entry point to our key vertical projects
- Release of the first mobile clients for Windows Phone 7 (Mail.Ru Agent, ICQ) and Bada (ICQ)
- Release of ICQ version 3.1 for Android featuring photo and location sharing
- Release of Mail.Ru Agent version 5.10 for Windows featuring in-house voice & video engine and further integration with Odnoklassniki (posting statuses to and receiving alerts from the network)
- Removed display advertising on ICQ in Russia and CIS
- OK introduced an enhanced privacy settings tool
- New features in OK mobile applications: music (iOS) and videochat (Android)
- Launch of video uploads in OK
- New registration guide in My World
- Launch of Warface, MMO first person shooter
- Several launches of in-house developed social and mobile games
Search and E-commerce
- Release of search application for Android featuring voice search
- Money@Mail.Ru enabled users to top up accounts directly from Beeline numbers
- Launch of the second annual Russian-speaking developer contest, Russian Code Cup 2012, with finals in Q3
- Held Technology Forum of Mail.Ru Group, an IT-conference where industry experts shared their knowledge and experience in developing and supporting high-load IT systems, etc.
- Opened new office in Volgograd