IAB Europe’s annual AdEx Benchmark survey which we reported yesterday said that Europe’s online advertising market grew 14.5% year-on-year to a market value of €20.9 billion in 2011. Today, IAB Europe published the first results from 8th wave of Mediascope Europe study. The study which was conducted using a combination of online, telephone and face-to-face methodologies totalled over 50,000 consumer interviews.
Key European findings:
- 426.9m Europeans use the internet (65%), spending 14.8 hours online each week
- One third (37%) of Europeans access the internet using more than one device
- Traditional media activities are rapidly moving online with more than 9 in 10 European internet users visiting news websites
- Europeans are using the web and watching TV simultaneously to complement their viewing experience
- The internet has become an essential way for brands to engage with consumers with 4 in 10 European internet users agreeing that the way a brand communicates online is important
- 96% of European internet users research online for purchases and 87% shop online