Incorporating an indoor water fountain into your workplace or home will help to improve its decor while at the same time creating a more peaceful and relaxing environment. The sound of trickling water combined with its beautiful appearance offers an impressive and gorgeous decorative touch for almost any indoor area or room.
Many people use them for a number of reasons and they can be ideal for anything from meditation to just relaxing, or even as an aesthetic feature. This has seen their popularity soar in recent years and understandably so.
If you love the peaceful, bubbly ambiance that an outdoor fountain provides and would like to have this same watery tranquillity indoors, here is some important information and tips you should know:
- Before you choose indoor water features such as a fountain, carefully think about which room in your home would be the most appropriate for it. Do you spend lots of time there?
- What type of lighting does the room have? Both artificial and natural light can enhance the colors and variation in stone.
- Are you planning on making your fountains a secondary feature or focal point?
- Make sure that the fountain has a large enough water basin so that any splashing is contained. That is where a majority of water damage happens.
- How are you planning on disguising the cord? One option is to hard-wire your fountain. That way a switch can be used to turn it on and off.
- If a water feature is intended to sit on a table or the floor, place a cork pad underneath it so that water marks are prevented.
- To keep the pump cleaner, use distilled water rather than faucet water. You can also use a cleaner.
- Most pumps, including large fountains, only need a standard electrical outlet. The same quantity of electricity is used by most fountains that is needed for lighting a 70-watt light bulb.
- Not enough humidity is generated by fountains for mold to grow or other types of moisture issues inside a house.
- Check water levels often to ensure your pump doesn’t run dry. This can cause permanent damage.
- How high the water is within the reservoir helps to determine how loud the water flow is. The sound is louder the lower the water level is.
- If you live in a noisy apartment or on a busy street, indoor fountains can help to mask exterior distractions and sounds.
With some care and a little love an indoor water fountain can provide a lot of energy to a space and will do so for a long time, once it’s being looked after. As you can see from the above piece there are a number of things that will help keep an outdoor fountain in top notch condition and prevent any issues. Follow these tips and you can be sure you will have no such issues and all will be well.