America Online this morning announced the promotion of Artie Minson, Jr. to the position of COO and will report to company’s Chairman and CEO, Tim Armstrong. The move is in such a way that the company will now be aligned in three distinct operating units: AOL Membership Group, Content Brands Group, and the Advertising.com Group.
The company believe that the move and the promoted appointment will allow the company to go deeper on its focus on profitability, coordinated business execution and resource allocation across its portfolio of brands and services. Minson as COO will oversee AOL’s three newly operating units and will execute an operating model.
“Artie is a world-class leader and proven operator who has played a key partnership role with me over the last three years at AOL,” said Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO, AOL. “He has significantly improved our balance sheet, cost structure and tax profile, helped unlock significant value for shareholders via asset sales at great prices and led a number of acquisitions which have been and will continue to be drivers of future growth.”
Here are what the three AOL’s newly formed groups:
- The AOL Membership Group will include the teams that serve AOL account holders, both free and paid members. From AOL.com to AOL Mail to consumer products, the AOL Membership group will be focused on delivering world-class experiences to our loyal users who rely on these AOL products and properties every day.
- The Content Brands Group will include AOL’s portfolio of distinct and unique content and service brands. We have valuable brand portfolio of world-class content brands and each of these brands will have distinct plans for innovation and growth.
- The Advertising.com Group will continue to include AOL’s B2B services and network businesses such as ADTECH, Pictela, GoViral, 5Min and The AOL On Network, and will continue to focus on product innovation and scale to grow and accelerate our clients’ and advertisers’ businesses.
Latest posts by Karan Chopra (see all)
- I’m Looking For My Father (Comic) - March 10, 2014
- Facebook: Always Helping… Facebook (Comic) - March 5, 2014
- I’d Like To Deposit This Check Into My Bank Account (Comic) - March 4, 2014