Cancer treatment is one of the most expensive types of treatment. Thus, many people cannot afford it due to the financial burden that the disease carries along with it. Only a good cancer care plan can help one reduce the financial stress. Below, is a list of tips that can help you choose an appropriate plan.
1) It is necessary to decide what kind of coverage you need: Before buying a health insurance plan for yourself or your family, it is important to understand your needs to decide accordingly. For instance, if you want to buy a mediclaim policy (i.e., an insurance policy that covers hospitalization costs), there are various plans from which you pick one depending on how much coverage you need and for how long does this coverage last. Some of the popular cancer care plans with different levels of coverage are summarized below:
Single-Premium Policy (insurance plan where the premium amount gets paid once to get lifelong coverage): With this kind of policy, one pays a single premium to get lifetime coverage.
Renewable Term Plan (insurance plan where the premiums get paid periodically every year to cover a fixed term): These plans generally cover people for an extended duration. The premium amount of this cancer care plan is divided into monthly, quarterly or annual instalments. Once the policyholder reaches their maturity period, they can either renew it at that time or withdraw it.
In-patient Benefits: Some in-patient cancer care plans offer coverage for pre-existing conditions too, but depending on these factors, one may need to pay comparatively higher premiums.
2) It is necessary to understand how much you can afford: As mentioned before, insurance plans differ in their cost and coverage duration. If you are looking at a family plan, then it is important that your premiums are affordable.
3) It is essential to consider your needs: Apart from understanding what kind of coverage you need and how much you can spare, it is important to ask yourself these questions: what are your health concerns? Are you looking at covering pre-existing diseases or any other specific disease that has a high probability of happening in the future (such as cancer)?
4) It is best to find a plan that will cover the treatments and procedures you want or need: There are various private medical insurance cancer care plans available that offer coverage for both preventive as well as life-saving treatments. Depending on which treatment option(s) appeals to you the most, pick a policy that meets your requirement in the best possible way. Moreover, you need to make sure it includes prescription drugs, hospitalization, doctor visits, lab tests and other services.
5) Make sure you check for Waiver of Premium Benefit availability:
If you are diagnosed with cancer, you may be unable to work while undergoing treatment, which certainly affects the source of income. Furthermore, your family may face financial difficulties in managing home bills or even paying the insurance fee.
As a result, it’s critical to pick cancer care plans that provide much-needed financial aid by addressing these issues. Waiver of premium is one of the best cancer insurance features since it keeps the cancer plan operational by waiving the premium without affecting the coverage of the plan.
Buy the Best Cancer care plan
Asper cancer India, cancer claims around 7, 84,821 lives every year. Therefore, it is essential to get a cancer health insurance plan at the earliest. It will help you keep your hard-earned income and savings intact and get the appropriate resources to battle the life-threatening disease. Hence, it is crucial that you choose a trusted insurance provider who can provide you with valuable benefits. Care Health insurance is among the well-known and reliable insurers in India that provide the best cancer care plans at affordable rates. You can also customize the plan according to your needs. Check out the website for more details.