If you miss out yesterday’s Facebook IPO big bang or if you still not able to digest the news – the facts and figures – sit back and take a deep breathe again as there is still a lot on the way with the new ten key statistics about the social networking giant, Hitwise released.
The company’s filing revealed some of the most significant numbers including the fact that Facebook is having a base of 845 million users every month – half of whom are daily users and half are mobile users. Company’s co-founder Mark Zuckerberg owns 28% in the company – among other things – Facebook did $3.7 billion in revenues in 2011 with $1 billion in profits.
10 Key Statistics about Facebook:
- Facebook.com captures one in every eleven Internet visits in the US.
- 1 in every 5 page views occurs on Facebook.com.
- The average visit time on Facebook.com is 20 minutes.
- Facebook.com’s audience skews slightly more female than the online population as a whole.
- The ages of Facebook.com visitors are indicative of the website’s strength in the marketplace, with relative parity in distribution of its visit share by age vs. the online population.
- Facebook.com under-indexes in visit share from the most affluent income group. With that said, Facebook’s size more than makes up the difference; the site wins 499,949,430 visits from the most affluent income group versus YouTube’s 223,732,591 visits and Twitter’s 15,166,795 visits.
- Facebook.com became the #1 ranked website in the US on March 9, 2010.
- “Facebook” is the most searched term in the US and Facebook-related terms account for 14% of the top search clicks.
- Facebook.com users are highly loyal to the website; 96% of visitors to Facebook.com were returning visitors in January 2012.
- Internationally, Facebook.com ranks in the top two websites in every market except China, where Sina Weibo, Baidu Zhidao and Renren are the dominant social networks. Facebook.com’s largest footprint is in Canada, capturing almost 12% of all visits in that market. It also recently surpassed Orkut, placing it behind only Google Brazil in market share.
All about Facebook IPO – I2Mag Coverage:
- Facebook Files For $5 Billion IPO: It’s Finally Here
- Facebook S-1 Letter From Founder Mark Zuckerberg Stating ‘Facebook’s Purpose’
- Facebook’s S-1 Reveals: 845M Monthly Active Users, 483M Daily Active Users And 425 Mobile Monthly Active Users
- Facebook’s S-1: Who Owns What Shareholding In The Company?
- Facebook’s Big Numbers: $1 Billion In Profits, $3.7 Billion In Revenues
- Facebook Founder Zuckerberg Requested $1 Salary, Starting In 2013
- Facebook Outlines Risk Factors – Google+, Slowed Growth, Mobile And Others
- Facebook And Its IPO: Things You Likely To Know, Figures Behind The Social Network Giant
- Facebook IPO: Zynga Generates 12% Of Our Revenue
- Facebook’s IPO Effects On Market And Investors – Who Are Willing To Buy It?
(Image Source: Hitwise)