Editor’s Note: Guest Author Pradeep Yadav, a technology lover, analyzer and love reporting about different technologies.
We always like to have a big blogs of ours all huge company website but in order to keep a note of continues growth we need tools likely webmaster which give us a clear picture of how we will take over website to the next level. Webmaster also named as web architect, web developer, site author, or website administrator, is a person responsible for maintaining one or many websites.
Who is a webmaster?
Uptime Robot is all about helping you to keep your websites up. It monitors your websites every 5 minutes and alerts you if your sites are down. The best part is that it is free.
Here are the step-by-step actions of Uptime Robot to understand it better:
- it asks for your websites headers and gets status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found”, etc. every 5 minutes,
- if the status code doesn’t indicate a problem, we are good
- if the status code is~400+ and 500+, then the site is not loading
- in order to make sure the site is down, Uptime Robot makes several more checks in the next 3 minutes,
- If the site is still down, it sends an alert.
Google Webmaster Tools
The requirement of using this tool is only having a Google account. Google Webmaster Tools is a no-charge web service by Google for webmasters. It allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
It has tools that let the webmasters:
- Submit and check a sitemap
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about how Googlebot accesses a particular site
- Generate and check a robots.txt file. It also helps to discover pages that are blocked in robots.txt by chance.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- See what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the SERPs, and the click through rates of such listings
- View statistics about how Google indexes the site, and if it found any errors while doing it
- Set a preferred domain (e.g. prefer example.com over www.example.com or vice versa), which determines how the site URL is displayed in SERPs
Teambox is an open source web-based collaboration tool. The tool allows you to create tasks, share them with other people, create a page in Wikipedia style so as to share knowledge, upload files, communicate with others and over the top the tool cost you nothing i.e. is free of cost.
Status updates and conversations – Status updates are registered as projects’ conversations. Further, there are options to notify other project members via email and to attach files from one’s computer or Google Docs.
Task management – Tasks are organized into task lists under the projects. The task system is very closely related to the conversation system and conversations can be converted to tasks. Pages — Pages are of wiki type documentation feature.
Other features include Discussion forums, Chat, Contacts on the project and Time tracking.
Google AdWords Tool
Google Adwords is Google’s main advertising and main source of revenue. Google tool is very important for SEO and PPC, any website promote to need to keyword that Google Adword use in keyword searching. The AdWords program includes local, national, and international distribution. Google’s text advertisements are short, consisting of one headline consisting of 25 characters and two additional text lines consisting of 35 characters each.
In addition to controlling ad placements through methods such as location and language targeting, ad targeting can be refined with Internet Protocol (IP) address exclusion. This feature enables advertisers to specify IP address ranges where they don’t want their ads to appear.