Backlinks play an important role in search engine optimization for your website. There is a variety of SEO tools you help your website, free and paid. All of the tools are going to help benefit your website and gain more traffic, which will bring you more clientele and revenue.
Google changed its algorithm recently, and now it increases your search engine ranking based on the quality of your backlinks and the amount of these backlinks. This helps put an end to websites paying other websites to put backlinks on their website.
What is a Backlink?
Before we discuss backlink checkers, you need to know and understand backlinks. As one would guess by their name, backlinks are any link in a text that links back to your website or any page of your website. If an article links one of your popular articles for their readers, a backlink is generated for your website. This is a good thing for your website.
Why to Use Backlink Checkers?
One of the best ways to improve your page rank is to have a great number of quality backlinks. However, you can have a lot of backlinks, on credible platforms, but it will not matter unless they are indexed. Indexing is the process of Google goes through when they are looking for backlinks. Google “crawls” the internet, looking for backlinks and updated websites. Once they are found, Google indexes these backlinks.
There are a few ways to get your backlinks indexed. Let’s take a look at these ways.
- You can use a pinging service to alert Google that your page has been updated. Once Google receives the ping, they are able to index your page faster.
- Many website owners use social bookmarking sites to share your articles with other people.
- Social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, can get your backlinks indexed quickly. Google pays more attention to social media for SEO than ever before.
- If you feel as if you need professional help, a great idea is to use SEO backlink sites like Linkprocessor. This site is about to find and index all of your backlinks without you ever having to lift a finger. For the busy business owner, this is a great option!
A backlink checker works a little bit differently than these tools. In fact, you can use any of those ways to index backlinks alongside a backlink checker. By using a checker, it alerts you when a new inbound backlink for your website appears online. This prevents you from missing an important backlink that could have added value to your SEO.
What Backlink Checkers to Use
If you are interested in giving a backlink checker a try, you are in luck because there are a few great options available online to help your website. Here are some of the popular ones.
- Ahrefs is one of the largest indexes of live backlinks, and it checks and updates for backlinks every 15 minutes. It is a very popular option for website owners because it is easy to use even for newbies. You can use it to find anchors, internal links and linking domains of other websites. You can also use it to check keywords on your site.
- BackLinkWatch is another popular option that helps you find backlinks to your website. It is free, which is great for upcoming websites. It also can help you determine the quality of your backlinks and your visitors.
- Analyze Backlinks is a very easy program to use. It is able to analyze the backlinks to your website and even can filter your backlink searches. They offer a number of different searches, making it easier to find what you need.
Image Credits Pixabay, CC0 1.0