The Walt Disney Company has reported earnings for its third fiscal quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2012. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) for the third quarter increased 31% to $1.01 from $0.77 in the prior-year quarter. Diluted EPS for the nine-months ended June 30, 2012 was $2.44 compared to $1.93 in the prior-year period.
The company reported the revenues of $11,008 million for the quarter, ended June 30, 2012, which is an increase of 4% from the same quarter a year ago. The segment operating income was $3,236 million, an up of 18% from the same quarter a year ago. The net income was $1,831 million, an increase of 24% from the quarter a year ago.
- Media Networks: Media Networks revenues for the quarter increased 3% to $5.1 billion and segment operating income increased 2% to $2.1 billion.
- Parks and Resorts: Parks and Resorts revenues for the quarter increased 9% to $3.4 billion and segment operating income increased 21% to $630 million. Results for the quarter were driven by increases at Tokyo Disney Resort, Disney Cruise Line and the domestic parks and resorts.
- Studio Entertainment: Studio Entertainment revenues were essentially flat at $1.6 billion and segment operating income increased $264 million to $313 million.
- Consumer Products: Consumer Products revenues increased 8% to $742 million and segment operating income increased 35% to $209 million.
- Interactive: Interactive revenue for the quarter decreased 22% to $196 million and segment operating results improved from a loss of $86 million in the prior-year quarter to a loss of $42 million in the current quarter.