We reported last week that Sony is outlining a briefing on April 12th discussing the business play and future approach of the company. The company’s CEO Kazuo Hirai today taken a lead and discusses what the future holds for the Japanese company. The company figured out five key initiatives that it planned to follow to transform the electronics business are:
- Strengthening core businesses (Digital Imaging, Game, Mobile)
- Turning around the television business
- Expanding business in emerging markets
- Creating new businesses and accelerating innovation
- Realigning the business portfolio and optimizing resources
The company believes strongly if the above measures are implemented, Sony will target sales of 6 trillion yen and operating income margin of 5% in its electronics business, and sales of 8.5 trillion yen, operating income margin of more than 5%, and return on equity (“ROE”) of 10% for the Sony Group overall, in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015 (“FY14”).