Sony today introduced its new flagship Android smartphone, Xperia Z at CES 2013. The smartphone features a 5-inch full HD 1080p Reality Display, Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 13 megapixel fast-capture cameras and 4G LTE. The phone will make its debut globally in the first quarter 2013.
“With Xperia Z, we are bringing over half a century of innovation in TV, imaging, music, film and gaming to create a superphone experience that truly stands out,” said Kuni Suzuki, President and CEO, at Sony Mobile Communications. “With great specifications, Sony’s media applications One-touch functions and outstanding battery life, Xperia Z is well positioned for leadership in the smartphone market. By putting smartphones at the heart of our strategy, Sony is enabling people to create, enjoy and share content and experiences like never before.”
Key features for Xperia Z:
- 5-inch 1080 x 1920p full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video, Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode improves standby time by at least 4 times