So as we all know now that Samsung unveiled its most-awaiting Galaxy S III smartphone today at an event in London, the company has just released details of the device. Here are the key details:
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen
- Eight-megapixel rear camera and a 1.9-megapixel front camera
- Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android
- “S Voice” voice-recognition technology
- Face and gesture recognition
- Wireless sharing of content to other phones, TVs, tablets and PCs without need for Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
- New picture-taking abilities, including “burst shot,” “best photo,” HDR and “recording snapshot”
- Available starting in Europe May 29, with other markets to follow
- As for the U.S., Samsung said it expects LTE and HSPA+ versions of the product to arrive in the U.S. this summer, though it didn’t announce carrier partners or exact timing.
- Storage: 16, 32 or 64 gigabytes
- Thickness: 8.6mm
- Weight: 133g
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
- Colors: Pebble Blue and Marble White
For more on the device, check out our recap of Samsung’s London launch event.