Patent company Stec IP sued Apple over the patents that hold referring to methods for synchronizing data, remotely accessing that data and other things. The case was filed in the U.S. District Court of Delaware and names seven separate patents the company has acquired. The list of patents is below:
- 6,925,481: “Technique for enabling remote data access and manipulation from a pervasive device” by Singhal et. al. and assigned to Symantec Corp.. Prosecuted by Doubet; Marcia L.. Includes 57 claims (5 indep.). Was application 09/848,394. Filed 5/3/2001 & Granted 8/2/2005.
- 5,825,891: “Key management for network communication” by Levesque et. al. and assigned to Raptor Systems, Inc.. Prosecuted by Fish & Richardson P.C.. Includes 9 claims (3 indep.). Was application 08/959,919. Filed 10/29/1997 & Granted 10/20/1998.
- 7,032,089: “Replica synchronization using copy-on-read technique” by Ranade et. al. and assigned to Veritas Operating Corporation. Prosecuted by Campbell Stephenson Ascolese LLP Rifai; D’Ann Naylor. Includes 24 claims (6 indep.). Was application 10/457,670. Filed 6/9/2003 & Granted 4/18/2006.
- 6,963,908: “System for transferring customized hardware and software settings from one computer to another computer to.” by Lynch et. al. and assigned to Symantec Corporation. Prosecuted by Gunnison, McKay & Hodgson, L.L.P.. Includes 69 claims (8 indep.). Was application 09/709,505. Filed 11/13/2000 & Granted 11/8/2005.
- 7,254,621: “Technique for enabling remote data access and manipulation from a pervasive device” by Singhal et. al. and assigned to Symantec Corporation. Prosecuted by Fenwick & West LLP. Includes 24 claims (3 indep.). Was application 11/075,437. Filed 3/7/2005 & Granted 8/7/2007.
- 5,495,607: “Network management system having virtual catalog overview of files distributively stored across network domain” by Pisello et. al. and assigned to Conner Peripherals, Inc.. Prosecuted by Fliesler, Dubb, Meyer & Lovejoy. Includes 23 claims (6 indep.). Was application 08/153,011. Filed 11/15/1993 & Granted 2/27/1996.
- 6,738,799: “Methods and apparatuses for file synchronization and updating using a signature list” by Dickenson and assigned to Symantec Corporation. Prosecuted by Fliesler Meyer LLP. Includes 46 claims (7 indep.). Was application 10/452,156. Filed 6/2/2003 & Granted 5/18/2004.