Nielsen has released the report measuring streaming on thousands of YouTube partners and the figure comes as that: Vevo, Warner Music Group and Machinima, combined for nearly 1.5 billion total streams. YouTube provides its content creators the tools and programs to improve their skills, build their audiences and monetizing their videos. YouTube continues to be the top online video destination in the U.S. with over 136 million unique viewers who streamed 16 billion videos during May 2012.
More insights about the top five YouTube Partners:
- More than half of each channel’s unique viewers were under the age of 35.
- About 1 in 6 Americans who watched online video during May 2012 streamed video on the WMG YouTube channel (almost 23 million unique viewers).
- Vevo led the top five partners in total streams (695 million), while Machinima averaged the most streams per viewer, 24 in May 2012.
- Machinima also captured the highest composition of male viewers (62.6%), while others hovered closer to a 50/50 female/male split.
- Fullscreen and Vevo skewed toward a slightly older demographic, as 15.3 and 15.7 percent of their viewers are 50 years or older, respectively.
- Maker drew 9.7 million unique viewers who averaged nearly ten streams per viewer.