With Windows 8 Release Preview have to debut next month, Microsoft has started to update a range of its core Window 8 communications applications. The updates include UI improvements, new features, and drop the “app preview” banner from the top of the application. The updated applications will be released alongside the Windows 8 Release Preview in early June.
Mail, Calendar, People, and Messaging – Features –
- Add Mail and Calendar to your lock screen to get notifications even when you’re not using your PC.
- All apps work great with Exchange for email, calendar, and contacts.
- Read and send mail when you’re offline.
- See work and personal calendars side by side.
- Contact linking means no duplicate info for people in your list.
- Nobody home? Your message is delivered when your friend comes back online.
Photos – Features –
- Share photos with friends and family without leaving the app.
- View photos from services like SkyDrive, Facebook, and Flickr.
- View photos from your other PCs.
- Import photos and videos from a camera.
Reader – Features –
- Supports PDF and XPS
- Fast, Fluid, Safe and Secure
- Share/Print content easily
- Great reading experiences on any form factor