Microsoft in its latest push started updating the SkyDrive apps for Windows desktop and for Mac, which will appear automatically on your PC or Mac over the course of the next week. Best part is you need not to do anything except to see that the updates occur automatically in the background. Here are a few of the improvements and fixes in the updates in company’s own words:
- SkyDrive for Windows desktop will power a cool new feature in the upcoming Windows 8 Release Preview, available the first week of June. Right from the Photos app in Windows 8, you can fetch photos stored on your other PCs that have SkyDrive installed – no matter where you are or how many terabytes of photos you have stored on the PC you are accessing. We’ll have more to say about this shortly, so stay tuned.
- SkyDrive for OS X Lion no longer shows an app icon in the dock when running. We’ve definitely heard the feedback that it wasn’t necessary.
- Your SkyDrive folder now updates more quickly and reliably when changes are made on other devices, including SkyDrive.com.
- The limit on the number of total files in the SkyDrive folder created by the apps has been raised from 150,000 to a whopping 10 million! This should unblock some power users from easily adding lots of files to their SkyDrive folder.
- We made lots of smaller bug fixes to improve overall reliability.