Microsoft has announced the launch of Conversation Ads in Skype as well as shared the Skype statistics with all. The new Ads display units will appear within the calling windows of users who do not have Skype Credit or subscription when they are making 1:1 Skype-to- Skype audio calls using Skype for Windows. While on a 1:1 audio call, users will see content that could spark additional topics of conversation that are relevant to Skype users and highlight unique and local brand experiences.
Here are more details about Conversation Ads:
Conversation ads are available for marketers to purchase in 55 markets where Skype is available. Users without Skype credit or subscriptions will see the ads during 1:1 Skype-to-Skype audio calls in Skype for Windows.
Skype call quality will remain the same. Ads will be silent, non-expanding and run after we’ve completed our regular detailed quality checks on your connection.
Now, talking about the statistics:
Unique Users: 41,016,000
Time Spent: 0h 13m
- 46.3% are Male
- 53.7% are Female
- 16.5% are 18-24
- 37.6% are 18-34
- 65.8% are 18-49
- 21.1% are 25-34
- 58.5% are 25-54
- 52.8% are married
- 45.8% have children
- 33.3% have graduated college or higher
- 61% have a household income of $50K+
- 39.1% have a household income of $75K+
- 22.7% have a household income of $100+
- 16.4% have a household income of $75,000-99,999
- 78.3% have shopped online in the past 30 days
- 71.8% have purchased online in the past 30 days
- 16.6% sought or posted product reviews in the last 30 days