Intel today announced its second quarter revenue of $12.8 billion, operating income of $2.7 billion, net income of $2.0 billion and earnings per diluted share of $0.39. The company added $4.7 billion in cash from operations, while paid dividends of $1.1 billion and used $550 million to repurchase 23 million shares of stock during the quarter.
For the third quarter, the company projected revenue of $13.5 billion, plus or minus $500 million while gross margin percentage expected to be 61 percent, plus or minus a couple of percentage points.
- PC Client Group revenue of $8.1 billion, up 1.4 percent sequentially and down 7.5 percent year-over-years.
- Data Center Group revenue of $2.7 billion, up 6.1 percent sequentially and flat year-over-year.
- Other Intel Architecture Group revenue of $942 million, down 3.7 percent sequentially and down 15.0 percent year-over-years.
- Gross margin of 58 percent, up 2 percentage points sequentially and down 5 percentage points year-over-year.
- R&D plus MG&A spending of $4.7 billion, in line with the company’s expectation of approximately $4.7 billion.
Photo Credit: Flickr/huangjiahui