Taiwan mobile company HTC this morning released its second quarter results with revenue was T$91.04 billion (about $3 billion), net income was T$7.4 billion ($247 million). Gross margin and operating margin were 27.01% and 9.00%, respectively. For third quarter 2012, the company is expecting a revenue to be between T$70-80 billion. Gross margin is expected to be around 25% while operating margin is expected to be around 7%.
- China well positioned to become a key growth driver
- Growing brand awareness, strong operator partnerships and increasing retail presence
- Asia met expectation for growth since the One family launched in 2Q
- Sales in North and South Asia inline with expectation; Successful launch of HTC J in Japan
- Increasing marketing and sales efforts in North America & EMEA
- Products well received by both operator and channel partners; focusing on increasing consumer preference for HTC products
(Image Source: HTC logo)