Google has released a new version of its Google+ iPhone app that not only share but keep up with people no matter where you are with the Google+ app. Join a hangout, post a photo, or see what friends are sharing while you’re on the go. Use Messenger to get everyone on the same page with fast, simple group chat.
- Turn on Instant Upload to sync photos from your phone to a private Google+ album
- Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts in Messenger
- Chat with a friend or all your friends at once with Messenger
- Check out the What’s Hot stream to see trending topics
- View the Nearby stream to see what people near your location are saying
Sharing is deeply sensory. From cooking a favorite meal to getting together with friends, it’s the smells and the stories and the smiles that make human connections so essential. With Google+ we want to extend these moments online, so it’s only right to focus on the most personal of personal computers: your mobile phone.
To be clear, we’re not interested in a mobile or social experience that’s just smaller. We’re embracing the sensor-rich smartphone (with its touchable screen and high-density display), and transforming Google+ into something more intimate, and more expressive. Today’s new iPhone app is an important step in this direction—toward a simpler, more beautiful Google.