The New York Times again comes up with something a big number collection entitled “Apple’s Retail Army, Long on Loyalty but Short on Pay.” This is the fourth part of NYT’s iEconomy series, the earlier emphasised into the Apple’s China manufacturing processes and discussing why Apple does not manufacture in the United States. There are lot of interesting things in the article about the Apple’s Retail Store environment that will definitely interest you:
- 30,000: About 30,000 out of 43,000 Apple employees in the US work in Apple Retail Store and make around $25,000 a year.
- $473,000: This is what Apple’s store employees bring to the company each last year.
- $11.91: Many Apple retail workers earn around of $11.91 hourly.
- $16 billion: Apple stores worldwide sold $16 billion in merchandise last year.
- 2.5 years: The average tenure for an Apple retail employee is is 2.5 years.
- 6 years: The tenure that Apple recruiters tell new employees that they would like to see from them.
- 90%: The average year-over-year retention rate for Apple Geniuses, or technicians.
- 65%: Employees are expected to achieve a 40% ‘attachment’ rate of training and 65% rate of Apple Care sales for products.