Apple in its recent year-end 10-K document that it has submitted with the Security Exchange Commission, the company stated out about the company’s growth over the last year. There are many facts and figures shared by the company which are far above the par like for example, Apple has grown research and development by $1 billion from 2012. The Key points:
- In the three years i.e. from 2010 to 2012 now, the company has increased a $1 billion value in research and development expense in the last year alone. This year, Apple spends $2.4 billion.
- Apple as of September 29, 2012 has approximately 72,800 full-time equivalent employees and an additional 3,300 full-time equivalent temporary employees and contractors. Approximately 42,400 of those full-time employees worked in Apple Retail.
- Apple has grown to 17.3 million square feet of building space in 2012.
- Apple opened a total of 33 new retail stores during the year, 28 of which were outside the United States, ending the year with 390 stores in total.
- Average revenue per store increased 19% to $51.5 million in 2012 compared to $43.3 million in 2011.
- Apple Retail accounted for 12% and 13% of the Company’s total net sales for 2012 and 2011, and 15% in 2010.
- Net sales in Japan increased $5.1 billion or 94% during 2012 compared to 2011.
(Photo Credit: mattbuchanan via photopin cc @Featured Image)