The social gaming giant Zynga today at its “Unleashed” event at its San Francisco headquarters, the company discussed its history, showing off its network “Zynga With Friends.” The company states that it has created 6 billion neighbour connections, sees 2.8 billion social interactions per day and played 1.8 trillion minutes over the past three years. The first game the company created was Poker.
Here are some more interesting milestones:
- March 7th, 2008: the company sold its first virtual good, a poker chip.
- November 2008: Zynga Live Poker for iPhone
- June 2009: Farmville launched
As of today, here are some things Zynga shared as points of interest:
- 72% of Americans now play games
- 64,000 words played in the last minute
- 43,000 pictures drawn in the last minute
- 38,000 hands of poker in the last minute
Even further, the company says that it is releasing 1,000 features per week, saying that counting on every second, combining 1 million actions which is happening on its platform.