If you all remember that Microsoft has revealed the Windows Phone 7.5 next update, codenamed “Tango”, during Mobile World Congress this year. There is a huge reason that Microsoft having limited functionality and even further the software giant had lowered it further. Talking about certain restrictions was placed on devices with 256MB of RAM, and while the company also mentioned that 5% of current apps in the Marketplace won’t work on these devices.
- Windows Phone Marketplace app restrictions – Some processor-intensive apps have memory requirements, and won’t work on phones with 256 MB of RAM. You can check how much memory you have on your phone by tapping Settings > About.
- Podcast Subscriptions and Video Podcasts – You won’t be able to manage podcast subscriptions on your phone or watch video podcasts if your phone has 256 MB of RAM.
- Local Scout – You won’t be able to use Local Scout if your phone has only 256 MB of RAM.
- Fast app switching – This feature will not work if your phone has 256 MB of RAM.
- SkyDrive automatic photo upload – You won’t be able to upload pictures automatically to SkyDrive if your phone has only 256 MB of RAM.
- HD video playback – You won’t be able to play video compressed with some of the listed codecs if your phone has 256 MB of RAM.