T-Mobile USA recently announced it will invest $4 billion over time to modernize its network and launch LTE services in 2013. T-Mobile’s CTO, Neville Ray, answered some questions about this network transformation effort — both of the HSPA+ and LTE varieties, and shares the latest T-Mobile 4G expansion news, spreading to eight additional cities: Abilene, Amarillo, Odessa, and Victoria, Texas; Bakersfield, California; Eau Claire, Wisconsin; Joplin and St. Joseph, Missouri. Ray reports that they’re now at 225 markets with HSPA+ covering over 200 million people. Ray says that AT&T’s parting gift of AWS spectrum is largely to thank for why it’s able to deploy it now combined with smart refarming of its existing 1900MHz holdings while talking about LTE during AT&T’s merger attempt to that of T-Mobile.
I2Mag, an Internet & Design Inspiration Magazine having emphasis on empowering and inspiring people by spreading the waves of knowledge of technology world. I2Mag is an independent news source dedicated to covering start-ups, reviewing internet products, social media, digital culture and technology news.
August 26, 2014, 1 Comment
- Lenovo Unveils New Idea PCs At IFA 2012: U510, Y400, Y500, Z400, Z500 - 8251 views
- LG’s L9 Android Phone Announced With IPS Display, OCR Translation App - 8203 views
- Samsung Announces 75-inch Smart TV, On Sale In South Korea For $17,424 - 8094 views
- Oxford And Vatican Libraries To Digitize 1.5 Million Pages Of Ancient Texts - 7695 views
- Breaking: Apple Posts Q1 2013 Results, $54.5B Revenue, $13.1B Profit, $13.81 EPS, 47.8M iPhones Sold - 7473 views
- Virgin Atlantic Becomes First Airline In UK To Offer In-Flight Mobile Service - 6979 views
- Nikon Releases 1 J2: 10.1MP CX-format CMOS Sensor, Expeed 3 Processor, $549.95 - 6793 views