Nowadays, we are stressed oftener than earlier, and the reason for this can be even the most unimportant detail. Our life is organized in such a way, that stress has become an integral part of our life. Almost all of us state, that there would be too boring to live without any events that make us worry. However, you should remember, that stress can be harmful as well as useful. If it is slight, stress just make us react quickly and concentrate upon the situation. If it affects our mental and physical health, it can cause a lot of diseases. So, let’s consider what is stress and what should we do to overcome it.
What happens when we are stressed? Our blood pressure rises, heart beats quicker, digestion works in a wrong way, hands are trembling, there is no concentration at all – and this is not a whole list of symptoms. I think, you have already realized what consequences are waiting for you, if you don’t pay attention to your health, especially to your nervous system.
So, what can we do, if we feel stressed? First of all, try to calm down and to see the other points of view, and you can see that there are the other ways out from the situation or you can understand that the reason of your stress is quite unimportant. There are also several ways which can help you to cope with stress and become more stress-resistant:
- One of the good methods to avoid stress is working out. Physical exercises can help you to consume your energy, so that you don’t have any forces even to think about your problem.
- One of the most important moments you should remember, you are to sleep enough to keep you body and mind up. The more stressed you feel, the more you should sleep – no less than 8 hours a day.
- Learn to relax after the hard working day. There are lots of ways that can make you feel calm: listen to calm music, take a long bath or start practising meditation. The last point, by the way, can make you more stress-resistant.
- Write down everything that bothers you. When you see the problems written on the paper, you can distract from the situation and find the better solution for it.
- Try organising your life. The stress in the workplace is often caused by the impossibility to do the tasks in time, as a result they snowball and you feel awful trying to cope with this all. So, every day write down what you’re going to do and do all the points from this list.
Anyhow, try to be more positive and look for the problem in different eyes. Be happy, enjoy every moment of your life and be thankful. To my point of view, these are the best helpers for your well condition. Don’t pay much attention to your problems and soon or later they will disappear. Live your life and remember that it is organized as you want it to be.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Ali from Riyadh