Looking for some strange places to visit around the UK? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We have several different destinations that you’re going to want to visit if you’re in the United Kingdom. When it comes to travel, some people love the strange. The good news is that the UK has quite a few strange places to make all types of travelers happy.
Strange Places to Visit in the UK
Here’s a look at some specific places you’re going to want to stop at if you’re in the UK.
- The Crooked House, Dudley – Built in 1765, this place has a look all its own. When it comes to pubs in the UK, this is one you cannot miss. The prices here aren’t that bad. Just make sure you don’t drink too much or the building may look like it’s straight!
- A la Ronde, Devon – This very interesting and strange building was constructed in the 18th century. The house is rumored to contain around 25,000 shells collected from all over the world.
- Teapot Island, Kent – Want to see more than 6,000 teapots? If so, this is the place! This is a really strange island, but it’s one a lot of people are going to enjoy. You can even paint your own teapot and take it home with you.
- Maeshowe, Scotland – This is the location of a giant grassy mound that is thought to have been built around 5,000 years ago. Yes, that’s a long time ago. Make sure you bring your camera if you go here so you can get some good pictures.
- Quay House, North Wales – This is officially the tiniest house in all of Britain. The good thing about going to see this strange little home is that it doesn’t take a lot of time! Seriously, you can be in and out on the tour in no time at all.
- The Beatles’ childhood homes, Liverpool – Want to know where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up? You’re going to need to take a trip to Liverpool. The good news is that there are a lot of other great attractions nearby once you’ve seen the homes of some of the former Beatles.
As you can clearly see from the short list above, there are a lot of strange places to visit in the UK. Just make sure you get a deal on lodging and travel expenses so that you can spend more time checking out some of these places. It’s a good idea to have a plan in place before you leave so you maximize what you’re able to see when you’re visiting.