Sony at its MWC press conference unveiled two new additions to its NXT series of Xperia line-up, which also includes Xperia P. The phone includes a unibody aluminium handset having a 4-inch display and is the first one in Sony’s range to use Sony’s White Magic display technology, which results in making the phone more readable in sunlight. The new phone has a dual core processor, new photo, video and music player apps comes with an 8-megapixel camera that will shoot 1080-pixel video and will allow you to connect to Xperia’s Smart Dock to mirror your display onto either to your mouse and a keyboard or to your HDTV. There is also an NFC on board, which seems worked with Xperia Smart Tags. The phone will be out in the second quarter of this year, with three different colors – pricing details or carriers are not out yet.
Features and Specifications:
- 4″ Reality Display with powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
- WhiteMagic display technology for an ultra-bright and power efficient viewing experience.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance with 16GB flash storage.
- 8MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
- Easy HDMI and DLNA connectivity to share content on any screen.
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access a growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags.
- Available in a choice of silver, black and red, all with an aluminium unibody.
- Launches on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgrade to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter of 2012.