Sony today announced the launch of new Media Cloud Services subsidiary which will work as an aim to cater the creative professionals by offering them a virtual workspace with revolutionary media applications to store, share and manipulate content from any location in the world. The new cloud platform, CiSM will offer studios, broadcasters, filmmakers, independent producers, marketing teams and other creative individuals a “one-cloud” solution on offer.
“Every day, creative professionals around the world spend numerous hours and resources on non-creative tasks like moving and sharing content, figuring out how and where to store it, and getting the right assets to the right places and in the right hands,” said Naomi Climer , President, Sony Media Cloud Services. “Sony understands these complex challenges, which is why we designed Ci as a functionally rich, scalable and secure, media-focused cloud platform that can enhance and streamline traditional production workflows to make it easier to collaborate more effectively and cost-efficiently.”
Applications available at launch include:
- Ci MediaBox: Collects, organizes, previews, shares and archives every media type and size using studio-designed cloud storage solution suite
- Ci VideoLog: Enables logging of frame-accurate events to prepare content for downstream opportunities, distribution and playout automation
- Ci AudioSync: Utilizes analysis algorithms and audio pattern matching to reduce non-creative editing work time in content-preparation workflows
- Ci FrameMatch: Analyzes media files to automatically identify differences and likenesses between two sets of video files
- Ci ReviewApprove: Enables review, annotation and collaboration on media files across multiple locations in real time, simultaneously