Editor’s Note: Guest Author Pradeep Yadav, a technology lover, analyzer and love reporting about different technologies.
With most popular social network sites on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc are turning into more popular than it’s ever been, so are viruses, malware and scams. Social media users must be familiar with the basics of security to stay safe.
- Social media lives “in the cloud,” which is more difficult to protect than traditional networks.
- It a system that evolves incrementally and gains momentum as it spreads.
- The more interconnected we get, the more opportunity malware has to pop up.
- That a trending popular symbols, phrases and ideas.
- Memes tend to “ go Viral”
Social media Risks
Social media is more than sharing information with friends and followers. It’s now ripe for viruses and attacks. So while social media is fun, there are risks. It is an interesting infographic, designed by Veracode.