Microsoft announced that it has updated Skype 6.5 for both Windows and OS X, bringing improved video messaging, simplified contact adding on Windows and easier calling on OS X. You can download both of the version via Skype for Windows desktop and Skype for Mac.
Here are the fixes for Skype for Windows:
- File transfer: Cancel all doesn’t cancel file transfers, upon cancel of file transfer the transfer shows as successfully completed, and when one participant accepted file transfer the sender could not cancel the transfer.
- Network issues: Upon connection lost, no notification in call toolbar that the call was lost.
- Keyboard navigation: Add phone number not accessible with keyboard.
- Stability: Skype hangs when selecting offline contact and clicking on call phone, Skype crashes for some users upon exiting, and Skype crashes for some users when tried to send a file.
Here are the fixes for Skype for OS X:
- Contact: Scroll bar did not display when sending multiple contacts, could drag & drop contacts who are already existing participants in the conversation, call toolbar + button contextual menu items were live after sending contact request, and call duration history was incorrectly displayed.
- Conversation: Chat input field switched to SMS mode when adding PSTN numbers to new conversation, and ‘Check Spelling While Typing’ setting was not saved.
- Generic: Detached conversation window did not open automatically after restarting Skype.
- File Transfer: Received file saved in Download folder when custom download folder was not discovered, and file transfer control buttons not presented after reconnection.
- Preferences: Skype froze when a user switched the ringing output to all devices from USB headset.
(Image Credit / Source: Flickr / Ryan Fanshaw)
Latest posts by Karan Chopra (see all)
- A Destination For Photography Of Redwoods – California - December 9, 2013
- Prying Online Eyes Target LinkedIn - December 5, 2013
- Weight Loss Research (Infographic) - December 4, 2013