The web calling giant Skype which seems broking down its previous record of 32 million users followed by setting up a new one with 34 million online at the same time, the company has announced Mac OS X app to its 5.6 version with adding a few minor interface tweaks and features. The new features and improvements in Skype 5.6 for Mac includes Automatic Updates, Improved UI for group video calling, New full screen mode in OS X Lion, Ability to delete conversations and Ability to disable Audio Gain Control.
Features and Improvements:
- Automatic Updates: Skype will now automatically upgrade to newer versions when minor and critical updates are released.
- UI improvement in group video calling: Switch between dynamic mode and non-dynamic mode in group video calls with 5 or more participants. With dynamic mode on, the person who is speaking is automatically moved to the top of the screen.
- Support for full screen mode in OS X Lion: Now, you can take advantage of full screen mode in Skype. This feature eliminates distractions from the Dock and Menu bars, while enhancing your interaction with your loved ones.
- Ability to delete conversations: Delete messages within a conversation, as well as remove conversations from the sidebar and your history.
- Ability to disable Audio Gain Control from Preferences: Disable the automatic adjustment of your microphone setting in your preferences in order to reduce the background noise during conference calls.