The social bookmarking site Reddit announced today that it has introduced a new Benefits subreddit for Gold members in order to expand completely into the whole new area of offsite deals. The company says in its blog post that they had selected the best ones, but it will depend completely on feedback from the community.
Introducing /r/goldbenefits!, the company says it’s the best way to keep track of all the latest and great features, partners, suggestions and discussions about all-things reddit gold. The subreddit for Gold members can allow users to create posts and comment on existing topics, while where all users are free to subscribe to subreddit to see what new happening with reddit gold is.
Here’s the quick list on what’s on offer in the new deal:
- Backblaze – 3 months of unlimited backup and cloud storage from our World Backup Day buddies.
- Urbilis – $10 off any $50+ purchase. Elegant gardening solutions, and some radical obscure stuff, too.
- Empire Mayo – 15% off all purchases. This is mayonnaise fit for the royalty of reddit gold. Seriously, who doesn’t want a BBLT?
- Goldbely – $20 off any $50+ purchase. Goldbely is all about sending legendary local gourmet food straight to your door. They will literally ship you edible, gold-plated bacon.
- Uniqlo – We’re trying something interesting for this one. Once a week, a randomly-selected reddit gold member will receive a private message (so keep an eye on your reddit mailbox) in the form of a “Golden Tikkit”. (See what we did there?) That user will have 24 hours to claim their prize, which will always be something really cool and totally free. This week, Uniqlo is offering a small token of their appreciation to one lucky goldie, but we won’t know what it is until they get it! (Hopefully they’ll post it to /r/goldbenefits!)