Panasonic today at CES 2013 unveiled its plasma lineup with total of sixteen new models ranging from 42-inches to 65-inches, featuring IPS display and 3D in many of them. The new model main series is ZT60, available only in 60- and 65-inches while the top four of the six lines are 1080 pixels and features the latest Viera Connect which comes with personalized home screen and Swipe & Share which also features the accessibility feature, Voice Guidance.
The 2013 Smart VIERA Plasma line-up features:
- My Home Screen – a personalization function that allows each user in the home to create their own personal home screen giving them quick access to their favorite content. (2013 VIERA ZT60, VT60, and ST60 Series)
- Swipe & Share 2.0 – a connectivity enhancement that transforms the TV into a hub for streaming and sharing photo and video content seamlessly with Smartphone and Tablet devices. Through Panasonic’s proprietary VIERA ConnectTM platform, users can transfer personal photos and videos from their Android or iOS devices directly to the large screen with a simple swipe of the finger and transfer them back to their smart devices the same way. Swipe & Share also enables sharing of user-generated photos and videos that are on the large screen with other Android or iOS devices. (2013 VIERA® ZT60, VT60, and ST60 Series)
- Touch Pen – a design feature which allows users to add their own writing to their photos on screen and transfer them back to their smart devices using the optional Electronic Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) accessory. (2013 VIERA ZT60, VT60, ST60, and S60 Series)
- Voice Guidance – an accessibility function that uses text to speech functions to verbalize text content as it appears on your TV. (2013 VIERA ZT60 and VT60)
- Voice Interaction — by simply saying a key word into the Smart VIERA Touch Pad Controller or Smartphone (VIERA Remote 2 App must be installed), the search result is displayed on the VIERA HDTV screen and also verbally read out. (2013 VIERA ZT60 and VT60 Series)