Nokia today unveiled the first of a new family of Asha smartphones with the launch of Nokia Asha 501, the 2G, and 3-inch touchscreen device. The device weights only 98 grams and comes in six colors choices while the thing that makes it perfect is that it comes in just two parts: a durable, removable casing and the scratch-resistant glass display.
“Nokia has surpassed expectations of what’s achievable in the sub-100 USD phone category with a new Asha handset that is unlike any other, with design cues from Lumia and a mix of features, services and affordability that is valued by price-conscious buyers,” said Neil Mawston, executive director, Global Wireless Practice, Strategy Analytics. “This is a welcome addition to the market and a refreshing option for consumers looking to upgrade from feature phones.”
Features and Specifications:
- Dimensions: 99.2 x 58 x 12.1 mm; 98 grams
- Camera: 3.2 MP
- Single SIM standby time: up to 48 days
- Dual SIM standby time: up to 26 days
- Talk time: up to 17 hours
- Additional memory of 4GB (card included in box), expandable up to 32GB
- Forty free EA Games worth €75 downloadable from Nokia Store
- Available colours: Bright Red, Bright Green, Cyan, Yellow, White and Black
- Suggested pricing is 99 USD before taxes and subsidies.