Nokia today unveiled the arrival of its new Nokia Music app for the desktop and tablet version of Windows 8, allowing Nokia Music+ subscribers to get even more out of the service. The app which is build on the HTM5 access first brought with Nokia Music and to have this on board with yourself, you will required to be a Music+ subscriber for which you need to pay a monthly fee of mere $3 only.
Nokia Music for Windows 8 is available now from the Windows 8 Store in the UK, US, Ireland and Australia, and will be rolling to all counties with Nokia Music+ in the coming weeks. Although there is no additional charge for Nokia Music+ subscribers, you can also start a free 7-day trial of Nokia Music+ by registering for a Nokia account within the app.
Here’s a list of some of the main features of Nokia Music for Windows 8:
- 7 Day trial of NM+, with an in-app upgrade path (30sec clip mixes outside of the trial period)
- 100’s of curated mixes from Nokia experts and international artists
- Listen to all the MP3’s in your ‘My Music’ library via the app
- Mix recommendations based on the music playing, for both mixes and your own collection
- Artist Mix – see up to three artists and the app will create a playlist based on your choices
- Offline mix – save as many mixes as you can carry for offline playback
- Search for mixes containing your favourite artist
- Artist pages complete with high quality artist images, biographies, tweets, gig info (including Here mapping), related artists and more
- Snap View – minimise Nokia Music on your home screen but still access music controls
- Play To – Stream music to DLNA devices on your wireless network