Millennial Media, the independent leader in mobile advertising, today released its Q1 Mobile Mix report. The Q1 Mobile Mix report takes an in-depth look at the mobile device advertising landscape, including the top 20 mobile phones, top 10 mobile device manufacturers, leading mobile device operating systems and top mobile app categories ranked by impressions.
The report found that non-phone mobile devices, such as tablets, accounted for 20 percent of all impressions on the Millennial Media platform during the first quarter of 2012, compared to 15 percent in Q1 of 2011. Furthermore, Android remained the top overall operating system on the Millennial Media platform in Q1 2012, with a 49 percent share of impressions, and Apple remained the leading individual mobile device manufacturer.
Other highlights from the Q1 Mobile Mix report include (ranked by impressions on the Millennial Media platform during the quarter):
- The Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Amazon Kindle Fire were the top tablets in Q1, and all three were among the top 20 mobile devices.
- The Apple iPhone remained the leading individual mobile phone.
- Android made up 14 of the top 20 mobile phones.
- Samsung was the second leading manufacturer and had 4 of the top 20 mobile phones.
- Gaming was the top mobile app category and grew 10 percent compared to Q4 2011.
- Mobile video views increased 958 percent from Q2 2011 to Q1 2012.