Microsoft today released the Bing Translator app for Windows 8 as well as for Windows RT, bringing text translation, camera translation, text-to-speech, and offline support. The company says that it build the app from the scratch for Windows devices and can support over 40 languages. You can download the app now directly from the Microsoft’s Windows Store.
Here is the full feature list of the app:
- Text translation – Type and translate text into more than 40 languages.
- Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device’s camera in an instant.
- Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker’s accent.
- Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges by using downloadable offline language packs.
- Translate from anywhere – Translate text from other Windows Store apps using the Share charm. Just select and share.
- Multitask with Snap View – Translate quickly while doing other tasks by snapping Bing Translator to the right or left of your screen.