With giving an extra edge for security for its Windows Azure, Microsoft has announced a multi-factor verification named Active Authentication vide mobile app, phone call or SMS for its Windows Azure. The add-on security level means now it will allow enterprises to secure employee, partner and customer access to cloud applications with multi-factor authentication.
The service offers the following:
- Rapid Set Up: Simply add the service to your Windows Azure AD tenant and turn it on for your users. Or, add the service to your custom applications using just a few lines of code.
- Automated Enrollment: Windows Azure AD users enroll their own phone numbers and set authentication preferences during the standard sign in process. There are no tokens to provision and ship, so you can quickly enable the service for users around the globe.
- Scalable: The reliable, scalable service supports high-volume, mission critical applications and large-scale employee, partner, and customer deployments.
How the multi-factor verification works?
- An extra step will be added into your sign in process.
- After a user enters their username and password, they are required to also authenticate with the Active Authentication app on their mobile device or via an automated phone call or text message.