As expected, Microsoft’s CEO Steve Ballmer today finally pulled the curtain off over its massive reorganization plan. Sharing what the big plan is, the memo by Ballmer says that company now center its work on the following:
- A business model based on partner and first-party devices with both consumer and enterprise services
- Optimization for activities people value most
- A family of devices powered by a service-enabled shell
- Design for enterprise extensibility and enterprise needs
The changes “will take through the end of the calendar year as we figure things out and as we keep existing teams focused on current deliverables like Windows 8.1, Xbox One, Windows Phone, etc,” according to Ballmer while the new roles are:
- Terry Myseron will now be the Head of the Operating Systems Engineering Group.
- Julie Larson Green will now be the Head of the Devices and Studios Engineering Group.
- Tami Reller will now be the Head of the Marketing Group.
- Tony Bates will now be the Head of the Business Development and Evangelism Group.
- Satya Nadella will now be the Head of the Cloud and Enterprise Engineering Group.
- Qi Lu will now be the Head of the Applications and Services Engineering Group.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Cambodia4kids.org Beth Kanter