The business networking site LinkedIn today announced that the searches on LinkedIn from now onwards are getting smarter and streamlined. The company now unified the search experience, which means now you no longer need to search for people, companies or jobs separately. All you have to do is to type what you are looking for into the search box and you will see a comprehensive page of results which will pulls content from all across LinkedIn including people, jobs, groups and companies.
LinkedIn along with this also added some new features to make search even smarter:
- Auto-complete – As you type your search term you’ll be prompted with options for what you may be looking for, and the more you search, the better it will get at predicting what you want.
- Suggested searches – Now when you type in a search term such as “product manager” you’ll see example search queries for people or jobs related to product manager as well as a preview of top results to help you find what you’re looking for in one click.
- Smarter query intent algorithm – The more you search for content on LinkedIn, the more it learns and understands your intent over time to provide the most relevant results.
- Enhanced advanced search – Not only has advanced search gotten a new look, it’s also easier to deepen your search with filters like location, company, school and more.
- Automated alerts – Save time by saving your searches and we’ll alert you when the results change.