Japan’s NTT Docomo announced today three new smartphones and two new tablets in the country, all of which are compatible with the company’s Xi LTE mobile service, for launch in or after September. The features include in all models run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and are capable of a maximum downlink speed of 75 Mbps.Three of the five models are compatible with the NOTTV V-high multimedia broadcasting service, including the first NOTTV-compatible GALAXY tablet.
The devices launched are as follows:
- AQUOS PHONE si SH-01E features full-feature compact smartphone with thin-framed 4.1-inch display to maximize screen, 12.1-megapixel camera and advanced “ProPix” processor for brilliant, high-definition images. The device will make its debut in October.
- Ascend HW-01E features quick-action operation, including lightning-fast 5-second startup and comes with 13.1-megapixel camera and NOTTV compatibility. The device will make its debut in either October or November.
- Optimus G L-01E features high-spec smartphone with powerful quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM and 2,210mAh high-capacity battery for quick, smooth operation and is compatible with NOTTV. The device will make its debut in October or November.
- MEDIAS TAB UL N-08D dubbed as world’s lightest tablet with 7-inch display weighs 249g and has 7.9mm-thin body. Comes with 1.5GHz dual core CPU and HD haptics vibration technology for extra-tactile touch screen and will debut in September or October.
- GALAXY Tab 7.7 Plus SC-01E dubbed as world’s largest organic EL display at 7.7 inches. The device features a 7.9mm-thin body and 5,100mAh large-capacity battery. The device will make its debut in October or November.