Editor’s Note: Guest Author Ruchika Shokeen is a technology enthusiast interested in analysing and reporting about different technologies.
The iPad rumors are in full swing – the first big leak to occur was the potential back plate for the newest iPad, and also having several small differences but overall left us wanting for more information about the potential specs and features of the new iPad. The next biggest leak was an investigation done by MacRumors confirming the Retina Display for the iPad 3. By purchasing a replacement part and then looking at it under a microscope they were able to determine that it was in fact a high resolution display.
The latest leak to hit the internet comes from China and the website Weiphone. A user by the name of sas126 has uploaded what is reported to be the logic board to be used inside the iPad 3. This is where the processor and other chips are placed and essentially the brains of the newest iPad. The rumor was that the iPad 3 would include a new A6 processor which would be quad-core. The leaked image also shows a previously unreleased A5X chip.
Apple iPad 2 has a 900MHz dual-core ARM Cortext-A9 processor, Apple A5 chipset and PowerVr SGX543MP2 GPU. This certainly made the Apple iPad 2 a powerful tablet and a main competitor in the world of tablets. Now Apple is aiming to make the competition tougher by sporting an A6 Quad-core Processor in the iPad 3. This would make the iPad 3 as powerful as any high-end desktop.
The iPad 3 is inherent with the latest iOS 5, which will host the multi-touch gesture technology. Analyst and tech enthusiasts predict that Apple would introduce OS X Lion for the tablet, since it will be powered by a quad-core processor. This will also include multitasking features, such as notifications, task-finishing, app-switching, location and background sound – from retina displays and better cameras to a smaller, 8-inch model and 4G LTE capabilities.
iPad 3 Specifications and Features:
The ipad 3 is the bestselling tablet on the market thus far. It’s sleek and slender desing plus Apple’s strict adherence to only the best usability features . Reports suggest that -
- iPad 3 will offer enhanced screen resolution of an impressive 2048 x 1536. This is twice that of the iPad2 and as yet no other manufacturers have managed to release anything near this onto the market.
- The design will also be even thinner and sleeker than previous tablets, down by as much as 20% in overall size.
- Full touchscreen HD displays will remain standard with enhanced functionality.
- Battery usage has always been an issue with iPads and reports suggest this has been resolved somewhat with the iPad3 with improved battery life and reduced weight.
- Battery problems could also be solved with eagerly anticipated wireless charging technology. This would allow the battery to charge without the need to plug the iPad3 into a socket.
- The A5 processor in the iPad2 was very powerful, and Apple have gone one step further with the impressive new A6 processor for the iPad3.
- This Quad-core processor should make the iPad3 just as powerful as a high-end desktop but with all the convenience of a mobile device. Just another nail in the coffin for traditional desktop computing packages.
- It is likely that the latest version of iOS 5 will be installed on the iPad3. Experts also predict that the powerful OS X Lion could be an alternative installation which would combine well with the new upgraded processor.
- This would enable extensive multi-tasking including watching movies, carrying out tasks and managing apps all at the same time.
- The Retina Display feature from the iPad 2 is thought to be included in an upgrade for the next generation tablet. This would enable the iPad3 to pack 4 times the number of pixels into the same space making the graphics even crisper and smoother. Hard to believe you could improve so much on the screen resolution, the iPad 2 already features an amazing HD screen!
“Apple currently plans to hold their iPad 3 announcement on Wednesday, March 7, 2012. Along with the 2048×1536 Retina display, the iPad 3 will feature a quad-core Apple A6 system-on-a-chip, and possibly 4G LTE networking.”Earlier reports also suggest that the company is not holding any event relating to launch in later half of this month – so as of now the date is confirmed from the iPad maker.
Apple’s iPad 3 release date will therefore have to show some pretty major improvements if Apple expects to hold on to their current market share and Apple fans and critics alike are all eagerly waiting to see what they have in store.
iPad3 Timeline – I2Mag Coverage:
- Apple’s iPad 3 Comes With Quad-Core Chip, Sharper Screen And LTE Access
- iPad 3 Processor Screenshots Leak: A6 Quad-Core, 1536X2048 Pixel Retina Display, 4G LTE, 2X Battery Life Of iPad 2
- iPad 3 Will Come With Larger Battery Life (Exclusive)
- Apple To Unveil iPad 3 In March First Week
- Apple’s iPad Reportedly To Be Announced On March 7th
- WSJ: The iPad 3 Will Make Its Debut With 4G LTE On AT&T And Verizon
- Apple Working With Suppliers In Asia To Test 8-inch iPad
- MacRumors: Apple iPad 3 Display Has 2048 X 1536 Resolution
- Alleged Apple’s ‘iPad 3’ Photos Leaked Further Details: Larger Camera, Tapered Case
- iPad 3’s More Confirmation: Have A Thicker Casing, A5X SoC Instead Of A6