BGR has posted the images of Apple’s highly anticipated third-generation tablet: iPad 3 prototype. The data in the photos consist of the output from an iPad 3 using a development and debug tool called iBoot. The model numbers are J1 (iPad 3,1) and J2 (iPad 3,2) – two weeks ago DigiTimes reported that the two versions are not two different devices but they are one single iPad.
iPad3,1 and iPad3,2 are believed to be two configurations of the iPad 3 – one with Wi-Fi only and one with Wi-Fi and GSM/CDMA/LTE for all carriers. Apple processor model numbers: A4 – S5L8930X, A5 – S5L8940X and A6 – S5L8945X
New Processor Configuration:
- Quad-core Apple A6 “S5L8945X” processor
- Sharp-manufactured 1,536 x 2,048-pixel HD Retina Display with dual lightbar
- 4G LTE support via GSM/CDMA/LTE combo chip
- Twice the battery life of the iPad 2
- Factories are said to be running 24 hours a day