According to a Good Technology report, iOS devices – iPhones and iPads, hold the top three positions in the list of the top 10 enterprise activation by device type. The report includes data gathered by Good Technology for fourth quarter 2011. Good Technology is the leading provider of secure and managed enterprise mobility for iPhone, iPad, Android and other smartphone platforms.
“This quarter, we saw Android smartphones gain in percentage of total activations,” said John Herrema, SVP of Corporate Strategy at Good Technology. “This is likely due to consumers holding back purchases of new iPhones in anticipation of Apple’s latest release (the iPhone 4S)—as our reports indicate, consumers are setting the agenda for enterprise mobility.” Herrema continued, “Looking forward to Q4, 2011, we expect to see the iPhone 4S to be the catalyst for an Apple rally.”
- While Android continues to gain market share overall, Good’s enterprise end users are showing clear preference for Apple products
- Among the top 10 industry verticals, financial services continued to see the highest level of iPad activation, accounting for 46 percent for the quarter—more than tripling the amount of activation in any other industry
- The iPad and iPad2 represent over 96 percent of total tablet activations
- Android tablets increased slightly to 4 percent of overall tablet activations for the quarter
- Android smartphones represented nearly 39 percent of all smartphone (non tablet) activations compared to iPhone’s 61 percent, despite Android’s overall market share growth
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and variants), accounted for over 70 percent of activations in Q3